Saturday 10 November 2012

The Veggie beds

The veggie beds are doing great. They have definitely come a long way from when we started in September.






These troughs contain two different varieties of tomato, parsley, dill, basil, spinach and capsicums.





We have been having mixed results with the corn. I didn't plant the seedlings deep enough to begin with so they were not to stable till we added more soil. One plant was plucked out by birds but has survived after replanting and a couple more have just died back for no reason. They seem to be growing at different rates too. The do seem to be coming into their own now though and we need to keep an eye on the watering.
There are also two self sown tomatoes in here and one I just recently planted.


This bed is going nuts. Dill, peas, lettuce of the picking variety and also single plants,  spinach and carrots.


I have harvested my first greens from these beds and have enjoyed them in a steak sandwich and also as a salad. I get to have these all to myself as Winnie does not like them.






They were yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment