Saturday 24 November 2012

Little Kitty

This is our elusive outside cat. She is very shy and a little wild. I have always felt bad about having a cat live outdoors here, our native animals are very vulnerable to cats, dogs and foxes.
Although today I saw something that makes me think that having her outside isn't that bad. The blackbirds have been steeling her cat biscuits and they are not shy about it either. I was about two meters away when one came and helped herself. The funny thing was, so was Kitty. She just watched the bird with absolutely no interest. The blackbird just looked at both of us as if to say, "What? I'm eating here, what's the big deal?"
Once the bird had had it's fill, Kitty went back to eating.
That same bird shot around my feet a few weeks ago, when I was painting outside and gave me a telling off for being in her way when she was eating, she is getting really cheeky.

The elusive Kitty.




6 comments:

  1. You know, that's about the best pic I've ever seen of her. Usually she's just some eyes under your house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is really hard to catch on camera, she never stops moving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aawww, she's gorgeous! My mum's neighbours have a cat that is also VERY blasé about the birds in their garden - those cats are rare but they exist. I came to this post via Janis, as we (my partner and I) also have an outside cat we are caring for - here is a link to my blog post about him - http://larelle.wordpress.com/2011/10/21/hello-roma/ (also, if you search for Roma on my blog you'll see other posts about him, including when I found out that Roma was actually RoMAN - I wasn't that familiar with cat anatomy!). Romsey (as we call him now) has been with us for over a year now and has gotten quite close to us, all things considered. I hope your little girl continues to be safe and happy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rose---what a pretty cat you have! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She has amazing markings! So very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Nirar and Nell, she is a funny little thing and quite small.
    Larelle Romsey is gorgeous, love his little house.

    ReplyDelete