Friday 23 November 2012

The harvesting has begun!

 Along with the strawberries, we are starting to get raspberries too. The noises Winnie makes while eating them are almost obscene. LOL. They are incredible strait from the bushes. We did have a problem with the birds getting in at first but that seems to be solved now.





Another thing that has that has been very prolific in my garden is the chamomile, I had to trim it back from the red current bush, it was getting so high. I am not usually a drinker of chamomile tea but I am going to give it a go, the flowers smell amazing and I am curious how different the tea will taste when picked fresh. I am drying some too, to be stored.

Some of my picking lettuce has already gone to seed but there is still plenty to eat for a while and I noticed the first flowers forming on my peas today.

No comments:

Post a Comment