Thursday 29 November 2012

Health kick! (Ouch!)

Well one of the reasons we started our own veggie garden was to get our own healthy food, none processed and chemical free.
We are slowly getting there. the berries have been fantastic and other crops are coming along. It is hard to keep things going in summer here so I am not starting anything new at this time of year, it is going to be hard enough to keep what we do have alive and if we get too low on water (We only have rain water tanks here.) I am going to have to let things go.
Anyway that is the food production side of things.

One of my biggest problems is eating, I don't do it regularly and having rampant diabetes in the family, this is not a good habit to have.
Winnie's issues are heart disease. He already has had surgery to insert a stent and he has lost his brother to a heart attack.
So we have good intensives to try and keep healthy. Winnie's photography helps him. It keeps him fit with light regular exercise. He takes fish oil in his diet and keeps an eye on what he eats, although he still loves all those processed meats.
I am starting to have problems with my skin now, it's never really been great, but it is getting worse again now. At my age, 44, this could probably be attributed to hormone changes. 
I am going to be trying something new, as well as going back onto the fish oil. I am going to try apple cider vinegar  and honey. I have been reading up on it and it all sounds good. I did now a fellow, many years ago, who swore by it, he was well into his nineties, so that was a good recommendation in itself. It has a lot of suggested benefits, from aiding digestion and relieving stomach complaints, to helping with weight loss.
So I am giving it a go, along with making myself eat a regular breakfast. It will be interesting to see how I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment