Monday 16 September 2013

Juice Fast part 2

Well it's a week tomorrow when I started my juice fast. It strictly wasn't really an all juice fast. I ate nuts as well and on the third day added a tin of plain tuna for protein.
Yesterday I had  a light evening meal. I am keeping with the juice for breakfast and possibly lunch too. The two things that I am trying to avoid at the moment are gluten and sugar.
My skin did improve some, but I think I have to keep with my changes for a while to see some real results.
One thing that this exercise has given me is more incentive. I have spent a great deal of time in my kitchen and have interest again in cooking, now all I have to do is keep up the momentum.
Winnie has also been dragging my arse out for exercise, which has been great.
One extra bonus of this is that I lost 3 kg. It's not really my goal to lose weight with this, but I could stand to lose some. My main goal is to tone up and get healthy. At 45, with rampant diabetes in my family, I can't afford complacency and I am getting sick of my lack of motivation for anything but sitting on my backside and doing not much. I am also getting sick of not feeling as good as I could.
I know this is not going to be a quick fix, and there is not such thing as a magic pill to do the work for me. I spent many years getting my body into this shape and I am realistic in thinking this is going to take a while.
So the plan is to have juice veg as much as I can, to try and give myself the right level vitamins and minerals I have been missing.
Eat healthy meals that use as little fat, gluten, salt and sugar as possible, as well as keeping away from processed food where I can.
And lastly not deny myself things that I like, but have them as they are meant to be; treats that are had on occasion and not on a daily basis.
It's time for long term changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment