Saturday 5 December 2015

Spinning Again

Around March I pulled out some of my old hand spun wool and made a hat.

It dawned on my that I should really be spinning again. (I can be a little slow.)
The last time I had my spinning wheel out it was around 1996-1997. I gave up on spinning because I was working in a factory and the last thing you want to do is work with your hands when you get home.
So July this year I pulled the old girl out of the shed and gave her a sprucing up. Everything was still in great working order and all she needed was a good clean and oil and for some of the hooks to be replaced. She even still has the original leather belt.


 
I also found a bobbin with some old spinning on it and tried my first ever chain plying. This wool had been in the shed for years and all it needed was a good wash.


It crocheted up really nicely into a hat, with some of my other old spun wool.


No comments:

Post a Comment