Saturday 19 April 2014

Trying out different things on one drawn face.

Basically what I am doing with my drawing at the moment is playing, trying out new things and having some fun. Not everything works out the way I want but I am not to disappointed with the results because I am leaning new stuff all the time.

We did an exercise in measuring a face and drawing it in my drawing class, so I took that and applied it to a picture to see how I would do.

This is a sim character from a friend of mine, Nellas. He has an interesting face with an anime look to him, so I thought I would make him my subject.

I got a picture of Aoi.



The next step was to measure him up and get a pencil sketch going.


Not totally accurate but I was pleased with the result. The next thing I thought I would do is ink in the drawing and see what that would look like.



He turned out quite nice but very stark without shading. I was going to do some graphite pencil shading, but I found a tutorial on colored pencils and thought this would be a great picture to practice on. 


I found the pencils less dificult than I thought and really had fun with the blending and shading, the face has about five to six different colors in it to make up the skin tones. I was really pleased with the final result. The final picture look a little different because it was scanned and not photographed.

 
So thanks again to Nellas for her lovely character, Aoi, he was a lot of fun to draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment