Saturday 19 April 2014

Easter Already!

This year already seems to be zipping by. Summer has not been kind to the garden but it's survived despite the baking conditions and looks quite good at the moment as it heads towards winter.
After the loss of our little cat, Kitty, last March, we have been having an outdoor rodent problem. Our existing elderly cat is too old to be bothered. This means we had not strawberries over summer, each and every one of them was taken but rats or mice. I have recently seen a naughbour's cat in our garden and we have had a few strawberries ripen, so I am hoping this cat keeps visiting our garden at night.
I am in a bit of a dilemma about getting another cat for outside. First we do not want to upset our dear old girl, she deserves a nice quiet life as she gets on towards 19, and also we have has a colony of blue wrens in the garden, as well as a number of other birds that we have not seen here before. If the rodent problem persists I might have to get some traps.

Work is going well. Both Winnie and I are getting fitter and it's nice to have some money coming in. I don't much like folding the catalogs but delivering them is fun. I have good wet weather gear and new boots to keep the wet out, so I am set for winter.

Big projects for this year will be to finish the drainage around the back of the house, get a winter garden going and finish off house renovations.

No comments:

Post a Comment