Thursday 6 February 2014

Glass Mosaic

I started a glass mosaic course last night. I did one a few years back but never went on with it.
Glass is a beautiful medium to play with and can give some very stunning results.
I have been a good girl this time and am firstly, making something for myself and also, something fairly small.
Another first for me is working on the back of a large floor tile. This gives a very solid base to work on and very straight and accurate angles.
Last night was spent practicing cutting/breaking a lot of glass and getting a feel for it. Most importantly learning how to handle it safely.
I have gone with a fishy theme, always wanted to make fish mosaics. I came up with this little guy and am really pleased with the design I came up with.


Next week I will be choosing colors, cutting them out and starting to bet them glued.


3 comments:

  1. Good on you Rose! It' a great feeling when you begin something that you've sort of thought about for a while, but haven't moved on. A lovely friend just blessed me with a garden table and chairs. I'm restoring them and really loving it. Will post some photos when they're finished! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Penny, I am really enjoying getting back into mosaics again.
      I would love to see what you do with the outdoor setting. It's so nice when be can bring things back to life and make them useful again.

      Delete
  2. Looks great! I really love stained glass windows and coloured glass drinking vessels or vases. I hope you'll put pictures of your fish tile as you go along :)

    ReplyDelete