Friday 26 April 2013

Good news.

Well had a strange day today. I have been felling quite off lately. Tired, cranky, unmotivated and quite frankly just off and generally unwell.
So off to the doctor I went, thinking that perhaps things are starting to change for me, seeing I am around that age or close to it. (45)
So blood taken, tests done, and absolutely nothing found! which was unusual seeing I have been feeling so out of sorts.
But hey, I am not going to complain, especially when everything came back as, spot on or perfect. The only two things I have to watch out for are diabetes and strangely, vitamin D deficiency, both of which run in the family.
So what is going on with me? One of the things that doctor did suggest is that I am not sleeping right. That either I have sleep apnea, or my sleep is being disrupted from another source (Pokes Winnie and his strange nightly noises.)
So what to do? I am eating right, the tests confirm that, but I am not exercising much at the moment and that might be one of the reasons I find it hard to get to sleep at night.
I could also stand to loose a little weight, if I do have sleep apnea this will help. So exercise again.
So it is time to pull the old exercise bike out and also let Winnie drag me around the countryside.
Am I disappointed that they did not find anything more concrete to point to why I have been feeling so lousy? No, not really, the results I got are bloody good and I am thankful that I don't have greater battles to face. All I have to do is get off my arse and be more active, far better than facing something far more sinister and permanent in my future.
Time to get moving and hopefully that will once again get me motivated.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you've been feeling off recently, but that's good news about the results from the doc. I need to get more active too, which might be easier as we head towards summer - the woods here stay open to the public until dusk, so when it's lighter in the evenings I can take a walk there. Maybe in a couple of months time we'll both be feeling proud of ourselves for getting out and about more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so.
    Our winters are mild here so I have no excuse to stay indoors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're on the right track. Change your routine. Do something before bedtime that will help you sleep. Take a walk or hit the exercise bike. I have an exercise bike and when I skip a day I can feel it. It's good that the Doc didn't find anything wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Rich! *hug*
    I used to go swimming but can't afford it now, so I got slack and am feeling it now.
    Today I am finally cleaning up my pigsty of an office and will be dragging the exercise bike out.
    I have been out doing a bit of gardening too, raking leaves and such, which has been good.
    Changing routines has been difficult, but I am getting there. Mornings are the worst, all I want to do is stay in bed and keep reading.

    ReplyDelete